Wednesday, July 20, 2022

DAY 70 – Geraldton

Good Morning Geraldton!
 
Low 10°c (50°F) – High 25°c (77°F)
28km
 
Total after week 10 – 12,587km (7821 miles)
 
A terrible night’s sleep last night for two of us, meanwhile a certain dog snored its way through the night.  With an appointment at the physiotherapy department of the hospital this morning at 9.00am there was no opportunity to sleep in and that also involved getting Mrs Sleepyhead up early and into the car.  We got there in time and bonus – I didn’t have to take another RAT test before entering the hospital.  The good news is that I now have the all clear to drive so we could really leave Geraldton any time.  We’ll decide what to do in the next day or so, but it is a relief to be confident that everything is OK.  I’m counting my lucky stars and so grateful that the damage wasn’t too serious to put me out of action longer.
 
In the course of the appointment, I was given some exercises to do – one of which is to “draw” the letters of the alphabet with my foot a couple of times a day which will assist with retaining movement in the damaged ligament and of course my question was “Capital letters or lower case”?????  The physio laughed and said she had never had that question asked before, but the instructions did actually say Capital Letters.  So what happens when I get back to Shane and I tell him about the exercises and he asks me “Capital Letters or Lower Case”…. What can I say – we’re a weird couple but at least we have the same kind of weird.
 
After getting home and having breakfast, we both were feeling so tired we opted for a quiet day at the van.  The weather was warm but really overcast, Kitty went straight back to sleep on the couch and Shane ended up having a lie down during the day anyway so it was kick back, feed the birds and relax day.  I did end up putting in a call to a Wildlife Rescue service as one of the doves that has been coming for a feed each day has some cotton or something wrapped around its legs and has started to limp badly.  I have no way of catching it so was hoping for some help.  Did I get a call back – no – I’ve texted as well but my heart goes out to this poor little bird limping around the ground.  It can fly but surely if it doesn’t get help this won’t end well.
 
My only real exertion for the day was making a batch of pasta salad and Shane did a quick run for a couple of ingredients – oh and of course being reminded right on 5.00pm that it was Kitty’s dinner time.  That dog really does have an inbuilt alarm system – and it’s going to get ugly when we go from Western Australian time to South Australian Time with 1.5 hours difference!


No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 103 – Horsham - Colac

Good Morning Horsham!   Low 4 °c (39°F) – High 18°c (64°F) 269km   Total Trip - 19022km (11,820 miles)   Well sadly this was the last few ho...